What to do with those leftovers
Here are a few of my tips.
1. Leftover vegetables – place in a freezer bag and keep it in the freezer to use for making a stew.
2. Leftover stew – spread it in a greased 9×13 pan and top with canned biscuits. Bake according to the directions for the biscuits on the can.
3. Leftover gravy – place it in a freezer bag and freeze to add to your stew for flavor & thickening.
4. Leftover beef roast – take meat off the bone and shred, heat and add bar-b-que sauce for sandwiches.
5. Leftover Bread & Biscuits- save in a freezer bag in the freezer until you have enough to make bread pudding. (About 2 cups) My Bread Pudding recipe is listed under my Country Recipes.
6. For leftover chili: Mix 1-2 small boxes of cornbread mix. Spread chili in a greased 9×13 pan and then pour cornbread batter on top. Bake according to the directions on the cornbread box. (You can also add a can of corn to the cornbread batter.)
Share your leftover recipes with me, I would love to hear from you.